- The Universe is the result of Intelligent design. Even a layman's passing awareness of the laws of entropy preclude the serious consideration that the space-time continuum is an accident.
- The appearance of Jesus, the Christ, Yeshua Ben-Joseph, is established History.
- Yeshua claimed to be one with the Creator, The God of Abraham, The God of Issac, Adonai, Yaweh. His credentials, were established beyond question when He rose from the dead.
- The veracity of scripture is not in question, for me. By the established protocols of archeological discipline, we have more copies, closer in age to the originals, than any other ancient manuscripts (reference)
- The Gospels are the word of God, inspired in a way we cannot completely comprehend, divine truth nonetheless flavored with the personalities of the authors Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.
- Jesus, accepted the Torah. I must accept the Old Testament in it's entirety... in matters such as these, I gotta go with the Guy That Rose From The Dead.
- Jesus, did not preach on the Ten Commandments, (perhaps we should follow that model) What he did stress, was that we " Love 45 the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 46 22:38This is the first and greatest 47 commandment. 22:39 The second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 48 22:40 All the law and the prophets depend 49 on these two commandments.” now interestingly enough, this places the emphasis on the first commandment, and indicates that if we treat the people around us poorly, we dishonor it. Hmmm...That makes things simple, though still impossible. Surely there must be a balance between Grace, and the empowerment of the Holy Spirit. "Love your neighbor as yourself" completely removes any justification for self-righteousness and the prerequisite hypocrisy. These were the sins that Jesus spoke against, and he reserved the one scriptural incident of premeditated violence for those men who were fleecing the poor with the backing of established religion. your Jesus' pet peeve was self righteousness, and taking advantage of the poor pissed him off to the point where he actually beat people up. (Mark, 11;17)....
Monday, June 30, 2008
Sunday, June 29, 2008
- It begins tomorrow...or maybe later
Thursday, June 19, 2008
I gotta thank pioneer woman... she's got some great tutorials, and reminded me about photoshop elements... I had downloaded the free trial a few months ago (I am all about a free trial!!) and promptly forgot about it after the grace period ran out. This edit job may seem little cliche to the accomplished photographer, but I had a lot of fun. Photoshop and OCD really complement each other. this is the SOOC (I just learned what that means!)
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Friday, June 13, 2008
I still find it almost impossible to get to sleep at a decent hour. I have gotten out of bed, ran down to to the store and fetched some cigarettes (I find lately, I am unable to muster up the courage to quit). It's been a while since I was at the store after midnight... kinda interesting clientele.
Macon State College has offended me. Over twenty years ago I attended on a GED after being thrown out of high school at 17, and promptly flunked out. I have transferred there this semester, on the honor roll at my previous school, and they have withheld my financial aid for academic performance. WTF? It's been two decades! This is probably for the best, with Dad dying unexpectedly and the whole divorce thing. Starting four classes a week after the funeral would not have been fun. But the appeals process is frustrating. I had set up my finances to live as a full time student, and things are just getting so complicated. I can't sign off on the house until the divorce is final, I have discontinued my advertising none of my plans seem to be working out. After painting or driving nails all day, I have little energy to fill out paperwork, be supportive of my father's widow, and tend to my Aunt, since I have become her guardian.
I just need to get to the mountains. It's been too long. The last night I was there, New Years Day the hiker Meredith Emerson was killed, and I never even left the trailhead. It was snowing, and I had the creepiest feeling. I remember taking a leak, and my spirit screaming at me to GET BACK IN THE TRUCK!. I rode the trailhead loop several times, and just couldn't get okay with walkin' up the mountain in the dark. I ended sliding down snowy, two-lane blacktop to Dalonega, getting coffee and driving home. Not being much for newspapers, and watching TV It was a phone call from Kentucky that put me in the loop a few days later. Its been months since I thought of that night. Over the last few days, as I have been gathering up the shredded remnants of my faith, I find my hindsight revealing divine guidance, I just have a hard time making everything fit, and living in the moment.
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Sunday, June 8, 2008
I love this shot... I have been so lost in the macro thing lately... I forgot about people. A couple friends asked me to take a few photo's at a fundraiser I had never in my life had a chance to photograph so many people, who mostly ignored me. I had great time.
Saturday, June 7, 2008
whooo hoooo!!! I am not content... but I am pleased that I have at least gotten this far...there are technical aspects of macro focusing that I do not understand completely. I have seen some pics that blow me away... like this one This woman is one of my faves