OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Another resource hogging flash applet thingie...click the gray background to begin loading,

photo

then navigate with arrow keys. You'll need something other than Internet Explorer.

Friday, February 1, 2008

How many blogs is too many?


Well, I struggle to write consistently. It does me good, I think, to get my thoughts out onto paper, even the virtual kind. I pause a lot in my thoughts, and obviously, at some point, I was taught that pauses are to be punctuated by commas. Fortunately, commas do not require the shift key or possibly, I would have given up on keyboarding long ago. It would also be nice if my typing ability kept pace with my thoughts but this would require the aggressive pursuit of a new skill, and my plate is full.As well as struggling to write Consistently, (in addition to overusing the comma, I will sometimes reflexively Capitalize something for no reason that I can ascertain, and yet will leave the article/pronoun “I” in lowercase…go figure. I am reminded of the savant Charlie Gordon in Daniel Keyes' novel, flowers for Algernon. ) I struggle with the fact that I wish to write in several different arenas. I would like to free form journal, like this, Journal some of my prayers/thoughts/interactions(I hope) with God, as well as write structured essays/ blurbs on specific topics. For instance, On Tuesdays, I attend a Men’s Breakfast where men, who are older and wiser than me, assemble to relate to one another and be taught by a friend of mine. This last Tuesday, I began to wrestle with the paradox, at least in my mind, of relating to a person with a combination/coexistence of fear/reverence/intimacy….More on this Tommorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh Yeah! Comments make my DAY!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The occasional visitor from REALLY far away is surprisingly satisfying.